SNIA Storage Architect (310)
Certification training for SNIA Certified Storage Architect
This 1-day course is designed to prepare the student for the SNIA Certified Architect exam (S10-300). The course will increase the candidate’s knowledge of assessments, planning and design from a storage networking perspective. After completion of this course, the successful candidate will have the knowledge to architect a solution leveraging industry best practices and standards including ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and ITSM (IT Service Management) principles. This course does not cover basic concepts and technologies.
In addition, delegates will understand the capabilities and limitations of existing technologies and architectures in assessing, planning, building, configuring, and troubleshooting complex storage network solutions.
STORAGE NETWORKING SOLUTIONS
Assessment, Planning and Design
Storage Networking Solutions Assessment, Planning and Design provides delegates with both the management and commercial skillsrequired to perform detailed assessments and align to the development of a service catalogue.In addition, delegates will need to understand the capabilities and limitations of existing protocols and infrastructures before designing complex storage network solutions.
- Apply and enhance skills needed to resolve real-world Storage Networking issues.
- Provide information, job aids, best practices covering SAN assessment, design and optimisation.
- Describe SAN assessment goals, objectives and methodology.
- Discuss SAN design considerations and review best practices.
- Review the capabilities, strengths and limitations of various SAN architectures, strategies, methodologies and technologies.
- Analyse SAN case studies to determine solution sets that satisfy a variety of business and technical requirements.
- Strengthen design capabilities by designing and implementing a SAN, including completing typical SAN port and throughput exercises.
- Assess and monitor SAN I/O performance and recommend improvements.
- Review the topics and technical levelof knowledge tested in the SNIA Storage Architect examination
- Module 1: Making choices
- Module 2: Storage array availability
- Module 3: Connecting datacenters
- Module 4: Sizing storage arrays
- Module 5: SAN architecture
- Module 6: Data migration
NOTE: Some topics included in the S10-310 exam are covered in the S10-210 SAN administration course. It is recommended to attend that course before attending this course!